We often focus so much on the birth that we forget to contemplate life once our baby arrives. During this extremely busy period it can be hard for a mother to find time to nurture her physical and mental wellbeing.
It is important that mother is well and balanced as she is the centre of baby’s world and should be nurtured too!
I offer postnatal yoga from 6 weeks post birth. Sessions are tailored to suit you and your body. These are specially adapted classes so you can come along with your baby and both get the most out of yoga practice. Noise, changing and feeding are welcome!
These classes are nurturing and supportive to each individual and their own experience of being a new mother.
I also offer weekly group yoga classes. At the start of class each week we have a brief catch-up to see how everyone is doing. These classes help to create a community. New parents can meet each other and find support and friendship. We were never meant to be doing this alone. This is often really appreciated by second time or third time mums who won’t be attending CBT classes.
Postnatal yoga has numerous benefits to mind and body. Benefits include:
- Reducing aches and pains.
- Enhancing energy levels.
- Increasing serotonin and endorphins so mood is improved.
- Improving quality of sleep.
- Increasing strength and tone in the body.
- Including pelvic floor tone and awareness.
- Reducing stress and anxiety.
- Taking time to slow down and focus on you and your baby.
- Improving alignment of spine after pregnancy and much more!
Suitable for beginners. Contact me for current group classes, or to book private classes.
YogaBirth training is accredited and endorsed by the Royal College of Midwives.