Practising yoga during pregnancy is recommended by UK midwives due to its enormous benefits for body and mind.
I teach specially adapted yoga classes, interwoven with childbirth preparation and hypno-breathing. Everything you need to prepare for the arrival of your baby. These classes are nurturing and supportive to each individual and their experience of pregnancy and birth.
I offer private prenatal yoga classes from 14 weeks of pregnancy right up until your estimated due date, for all levels of fitness.
Classes are tailored to suit you and designed to adapt to the ever-changing pregnant body.
I also offer weekly group yoga classes.
At the end of the class every week, parents are invited to join me for tea and snacks, while we have a catch up and informal discussion about anything on your mind regarding your pregnancy and birth. It’s a great opportunity to air concerns, get something off your chest and ask questions.
These classes help to create a community. New parents can meet each other and find support and friendship, which is so much needed in our current climate. We were never meant to be doing this alone.
- Reducing aches and pains.
- Improving circulation.
- Maintaining alignment and fluidity of your body as you grow.
- Improving breathing (especially in later pregnancy) and energy levels.
- Learning deep relaxation/reducing stress and anxiety.
- Encouraging optimal positioning of baby.
- Aiding birth process.
- Providing tools to help to manage pain in labour and much more!
- Preparing for labour and birth.
- Increasing pelvic floor awareness.
- Taking time to slow down, focus on you and connect to your baby.
In these classes we also discuss how to prepare for the practicalities of the first few weeks once baby is born, a stage which is often overlooked.
Suitable for beginners. Contact me for the current group classes, or to book private classes.
YogaBirth training is accredited and endorsed by the Royal College of Midwives.